Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Tree

Happy Valentine's Day all!

In my kitchen I have an angled wall that the top half is recessed.  I use this to display my seasonal/holiday tree.  Every season or on special holidays I change the decorations that are on this branch that I cut from my Dad's tree in his backyard.  This is our Valentine offering.  I think it looks great.

 

  

You can see in this close up that there are a few different applications of hearts   I used the I {Heart} Hearts stamp set and the full heart punch to make some of the decorations.  Closer to the top you can see that I punch out white and red hearts and adhered them to each other alternating colors to create a 3D hanging heart.


This is an updated version of my Love candle.  I used a bit of the Sending Love designer series paper from the Occasions Mini catalog (each page is sparkly and glittery and beautiful), the With All My Heart stamp set, and the pinking hearts border punch to create this romantic candle wrap.  Some othe rpunching, die cutting and glitter really take this to the next level.
 

And, finally there are these cute little treat boxes.  Both are made using the window sheets and dies with the Big Shot.  The cinnamon hearts are in a cute little Box #2 tied with a length of real red gros grain ribbon.  The message hearts (which there was more of) is in a Pillow Box that I stamped with the hearts from the Love You Much stamp set and tied with some pink ribbon (Pink Pirouette retired).
I love the way this little corner turned out for this holiday.  Every time that I come up the stairs and see this it reminds me of how lucky I am to have so many people that I love and that love me.

Now, quit hanging out here and go and kiss the one that you love.  That is what I am going to do . . . again.


Thanks for stopping by.

Sherri

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Sherri! You have some great ideas on your display and I can't wait to see what you come up with for the next season.

    ReplyDelete