Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Get Crafty!

Hi again!

On the weekend I had a great opportunity to go and stamp with a local group of Girl Guides, Sparks , and Brownies.  It was a full afternoon, but I had so much fun.  Lisa joined me and together we made some great projects for the girls to enjoy.

One of the projects was this cute and simple Valentine's Card.



The girls all loved them.  They loved using the heart punch and then we got into a discussion about which were hugs and which were kisses( x or o), and who to give their card to.  I told on egirl she could give it to her boyfriend, and her response had me laughing so hard.  She said, "I can't give it to him, then he'll know I am his girlfriend!"  It was priceless!

Now, I had an idea in my head for a more "grown up" version of this card.  Something that incorporated a few more elements and made the card a little more sophisticated.  This is what I came up with.


It has all the elements that make a stepped up card.  It has pattern, texture, dimension and shine.  I really like it.  I love the way the glimmer paper and the satin ribbon jazz up a really cute card.




This stepped up card is going to be one of the projects that my stamp club will be doing this month.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sherri

1 comment:

  1. Love the glimmer paper on the stepped up version! Your club girls are gonna have so much fun with this card.

    ReplyDelete