Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Still Thankful

Hello again!

I have a funny little story to share.  Not 10 minutes after I took the pictures for the previous post, I went to my computer to update my blog about how thankful I am.  Just as I finished hitting the "publish post" button I heard a big crash from upstairs.  I went running up to see that one of my Thanksgiving frames had slipped off the display and the glass broke into a bunch of tiny little shards.

I know what you are thinking . . ."How is that funny?"  Well, truthfully, it really isn't.  But, after a few days of mourning, and a few more days of avoiding, and several more days of cutting for our World Card Day, I decided I was thankful again.

I am thankful to have the opportunity to make another project, without having to start completely fresh, and have it be very different from the previous one.  So, while the glue dries on that, I want to share a couple other things I am thankful for.

I am especially thankful to have such a great group of stamping friends.  Each and every one of the ladies I spent Saturday with made my day wonderful.  I am blessed to have Lisa as an upline, and Heather and Tara as sidelines.  I couldn't have imagined that when I started as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, that I would find such a caring and supportive group, but there they were, and have continued to be so supportive and welcoming.  So, thank you so much ladies, for being wonderful, caring, and completely you!

Here is the recipe for the fantastic Pumpkin Dip that Lisa referred to in her blog.


1 block cream cheese
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 - 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 jar marshmallow fluff
1 large tub Cool Whip.

Cream together cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth.  Add spice and jar of marshmallow fluff, stirring until mixed completely.  Add you tub of thawed Cool Whip.  The texture will change from smooth and creamy, to fluffy and almost like a mousse.  Serve with ginger snaps, cinnamon cookies, graham cracker, apple slices, or just straight off the spoon.  YUM!!!

I am also thankful for this dip.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sherri

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for you! And, for you sharing your recipe...even though that wasn't my purpose when I linked to your blog!!! I had a wonderful World Card Day too.

    ReplyDelete