Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Seriously, WHAT?!!!!

So, I guess I was bragging a little too much last week about how nice the weather was.  It snowed yesterday.  Snowed!  Yuck.

So, I decided it was a good night for homemade chili





So YUM!  Want to make it for yourself?  Here's how.



1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 28 oz can diced tomato
1 can sliced mushrooms (fresh is nicer)
1 can or about 1 cup of corn
2 cans pork and beans (my mom always made it with 1 can kidney beans (yuck) and 1 can pork and beans)
1 can condensed tomato soup
2-4 (or more) T. chili powder
1/2 of a beer.

Grated cheese, and crumbled tortilla chips for toppings.

Brown the ground beef in a large stock pot or dutch oven.  Drink half a beer while you wait  Add all the canned ingredients and the remaining beer, that you did not drink..  Start with the smaller amount of chili powder and work your way up to taste.  Simmer for as long as you and your family can wait.  Top with tortilla and grated cheese and dig in.  This is seriously one of my families favorite dishes.  I have made it with ground pork and also ground turkey for healthier choices, and they are all fantastic.  I have even put a shot or two of tequila in for a real south of the border taste.

Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. MMmmmm that chili looks GOOD! I will have to try out your recipe sometime! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete