Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Spice World

Once upon a time, when my husband and I had just started getting serious I went with him to meet his family.  His niece (who was about 5 at the time) and I hit it off great.  At some point during the visit she turned her sweet little face to him and said, "Uncle Anthony, you should marry Sherri."  "I should?" he replied.  "Yep", she said.  You are never gonna get a Spice Girl."  Cute kid.

So, if you could be any Spice Girl who would you be?  I had actually never given it much thought but the question has been nagging at me for the past few days.  So, I did the logical thing and took some online quizzes.  Now, these are serious quizzes.  They asked me at least 10 questions, and science popped out the answer.  According to some very advanced algorithms, I am Baby Spice.  I can live with that I guess.  She's the cute blonde, right?  I mean, I was secretly hoping for Ginger Spice, but everyone can't be her.  But, if I could still be me, and have a Spice Girl name what would THAT be?  Silly Spice? Giggle Spice?  Nah,  I think I would go by Crafty Spice.  Here's proof:


I love the Spice Cake paper and fabric in the Holiday Mini.  It makes me happy.  For this wreath I was inspired by a post I saw on Bridegan's Musings way back in the spring.  It has been rolling around in my brain, and this Spice Cake fabric really sealed it for me.

Here is a closer look at the detail


I die cut some flowers from the Spice Cake fabric and added some of the big designer buttons, vintage brads, More Mustard scalloped polka dot ribbon, and very vanilla velvet ribbon (so fantastic!), to create a focal point.  The weeping birch twigs are just collected off my parent's lawn after that windstorm we had a couple of weeks back.

What do you think?  Is Crafty Spice good?

Thanks for stopping by.

Sherri

1 comment:

  1. Sherri...it's Kelly....I'm just reminding you to post the chunky frame decorated that Lisa did a class for, but I missed seeing the finished product. You said you have it. Please Please Please Please! BTW...this wreath is TO DIE FOR!!!

    Kelly A

    ReplyDelete