Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Grannies

Last night I created a beautiful double page scrapbook layout (12 x 12) at my scrapbook club.  I, like many of you I am sure, have certain things that remind me of the people I love.  For me, this is strongest with my Grannies. 

My maternal Grandmother always had a tin of old buttons.  I remember being at her house and just running my hands through the buttons. The sound, and the feel of  the buttons slipping through my fingers still makes me happy.

My strongest memory of my Paternal Grandmother is of doilies.  She always had doilies.  I don't know if she made them, or if they came from her mother, but there were always doilies around her house.  It always felt so warm and welcoming, like a cup of tea.

So, these two pages are dedicated to my Grannies, and to all the other Grannies out there.  they may not even realize it, but what they do lives forever.  Thank you.



The stamp set used on the faux tearing technique and on the other page is called Elements of Style and is available in the current Summer Mini catalog.  It has to be one of my favorite sets.  I love it!
Thanks for stopping by.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment