Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fabulous Fiesta!

So, first of all, I want to say oops and sorry for not posting in a while.  Life got a little ahead of me and I needed to catch up.  But, I think I am almost there.  Except for laundry . . . I am never done laundry.  I swear it multiplies.  And single socks transform into something else entirely . . . but, that is for another time. 

Today I want to share with the Fiesta party my daughter had.  Here is the card that I made for her invitations


She LOVED it!  She chose all the colors (and I got a chance to use my Bold Brights)  I used the scallop border punch, the perfect polka dots impression folder and My Digital Studio to create this fun and lively card.  I love being able to incorporate My Digital Studio into projects other than scrapbooks.  The little flower brads are not SU, but she begged for them at the store (and I had a coupon).

We of course decorated with lots of balloons and streamers, and I made a banner with her name on it using the pennant die and my Big Shot.


 The banner has taken a new place above her bed. 

I commissioned a friend of a friend to make her a "sombrero" cake and told her to just do what she thought was best.  It turned out better than I could have imagined.


Didn't she do a fantastic job?

I like to do something special and theme related for a craft and a take home treat.  For the craft the girls decorated maracas that I had made from paper mache Easter eggs and a dowel. (no pics, sorry).  And, instead of a loot bag I made each of them a little mini pinata.


When making them, I left a hole at the top, filled them, then slipped a piece of ribbon over the hole and sealed it with more tissue paper.  I covered each with punch images in coordinating card stock and also added a punched image to the ends of the ribbon.  They pull the ribbon, the tissue paper over the hole breaks, and they have the treats spill out.  The party goers loved them and were so excited to take their pinatas and maracas home with them.  It was a fun, but exhausting day.

Thanks for stopping by.

Sherri

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherri!
    This is Heather from Lisa's group. I love all the projects you make. What a fun party for your daughter! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete